Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich Filling
This simple and satisfying sandwich filling makes a quick lunch or dinner. And it only takes five minutes!
- 1 3/4 cup can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or a 15-ounce can)
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- whole grain bread, optional
- lettuce, spinach, arugula, or sprouts, optional
- Mash chickpeas and avocado in a bowl with a potato masher or fork.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Serve on bread with greens or sprouts. Or serve as a salad on a bed of greens.
- Add chopped green onion, celery, or fresh cilantro.