A bowl of soup is a tasty way to warm up on a windy, drizzly winter day. Soups are a “souper” way to eat more veggies, satisfying, and easy to make in large batches.
In this hands-on class, we’ll focus on soups that can be easily made ahead and frozen. We’ll offer inspiration and recipes for creating your own stash of soups in the freezer. And, of course, you’ll get to taste them all.
You’ll get to experience how easy it is to create a quick meal with vegetable-packed soups from the freezer. Plus, you’ll learn about a Homemade Vegetable Broth Base to keep in the freezer.
We’ll also discuss:
- Which soups freeze the best?
- Which soups don’t freeze well?
- How long can you freeze soup?
- What containers are the best?
- What’s the best way to reheat soup?
- Creamy Cauliflower-Broccoli Soup
- 5-Ingredient Italian Bean Soup
- Sweet Potato Peanut Soup
- Immune-Boosting Miso Soup
- Gluten-Free Crackers
- Avocado, Beet, and Citrus Salad
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble Bars
All recipes are 100% plant-based (no dairy or eggs) and usually gluten-free.
Monday, February 24, 5-8 p.m.
Registration Deadline: February 22
Pre-registration is required: $20.
Use coupon code Family5 to get a $5 discount for two members of the same family.
Registration is limited to the first 28 people who register.
Sequim Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall
30 Sanford Lane, Sequim
Directions: Just off Sequim-Dungeness Way on the left, .5 mile past the roundabout at Old Olympic Highway.
The menu is subject to change.