This super-simple piña colada sauce recipe couldn’t be any easier. Just blend two pantry staples together–canned pineapple chunks and shredded coconut.
If desired, add a touch of natural coconut flavoring.
Serve over waffles, pancakes, or toast.
And if you have any leftover, freeze it in popsicle molds for a sweet sugar-free treat.
Piña Colada Sauce
- 1 20 ounce can pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract optional
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid for a smoothie or another purpose.
- Process pineapple, coconut, and if desired, coconut extract, in a blender until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature or heat through. Serve over waffles, pancakes, or toast. Makes 1½ cups
- Pina Colada Sauce with Banana: Add 1 ripe peeled banana.
- Frozen Tropical Fruit Pops: Freeze leftover sauce into fruit pop molds.