Fresh Cranberry Relish
Not only is this a colorful complement to holiday dinners, but it is also good served with hot cereal.
- 1 large apple
- 1 orange
- 3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Core apple and coarsely chop. Process apple in food processor until finely chopped.
- Peel orange and coarsely chop. Add to food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add cranberries and process until finely chopped.
- Add sugar and salt; process until mixed.
- Transfer to a bowl. If time allows, cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours to allow the flavors to meld.
- * Include part or all of the orange rind. * Reduce sugar and add chopped pears, dates, or raisins. * Reduce sugar to 1/4 cup. Add stevia, monk fruits, or another sweetener to taste. * Add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root. * Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 13mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 12g